News
Heartbreaking tribute paid as body found in search for missing brewery founder Jesus Moreno
'Please be thoughtful to our staff and family during this challenging time'
Tributes are pouring in after a body was sadly found in the search for Jesus Moreno, a local brewery founder who had been missing since last summer.
Jesus, 41, who was the owner of the Piglove Brewing Co, was last seen on Monday 1 August 2022 at Harewood Bridge on the North Yorkshire border.
A huge search operation has been taking place ever since, which tragically ended on Friday when police found a body on land close to the River Wharfe in the Harewood area.
Piglove has since shared a moving tribute to their founder on Instagram.
They wrote: "It is with great sadness that the Piglove family announces that our beloved Jesus’ remains have been found near Harewood Bridge, the last place he was seen on the 1st of August 2022.
"Piglove by the River will remain open as usual but please be thoughtful to our staff and family during this challenging time.
"It has been a tough 8 months for the business but your support through this time has meant the world to us. Details will be shared in due course about paying your respects to our co-founder, Jesus, who will be greatly missed."
West Yorkshire Police said in a statement: "Police investigating the disappearance of Jesus Moreno in Leeds have found the body of a male.
"The body was found by a police search team on Friday (14 April) afternoon on land close to the River Wharfe in the Harewood area. There are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances.
"The family of Mr Moreno have been informed of this development and enquiries are ongoing to confirm the identity of the deceased."
Piglove had previously shared a CCTV image of Jesus, writing: "This CCTV footage from Monday 1st August at 5.17AM is the last image of Jesus (heyzeus) Moreno our beloved friend and Piglove co-founder.
"He was in good spirits all weekend and up early, and ready for work on Monday. He was last seen getting the bus from Leeds bus station to Harrogate from Leeds at 6.17AM on Monday morning (01.08.22).
"Nobody knows why Jesus chose to travel to Harrogate. His daughter and all his family are extremely worried for his well-being."
Featured image: West Yorkshire Police
News
Police launch investigation into ‘unexplained’ deaths of two people in Bradford
Emily Sergeant
A police investigation has been launched following the 'unexplained' deaths of two people who were known to each other.
At around 6:55pm on 11 August, officers from West Yorkshire Police (WYP) were first called out to an address on New Stead Rise in Bradford following reports that a woman, aged 52, had been found dead, and then a further call was received at 7:14pm to reports a 59-year-old man was found dead at a business premises on Tong Park Industrial estate.
Both deaths are currently being treated as 'unexplained', WYP declared, and enquiries are being carried out with a forensic examination pending.
Detective Chief Inspector James Entwistle, of the Homicide and Major Enquiry team, confirmed that the deceased are known to each other - which is why an investigation and public appeal for information has been launched.
"Sadly, we are investigating after the deaths of two people at two locations in Bradford," Detective Chief Inspector James Entwistle said.
"These people are known to each other, and their deaths are being treated as unexplained. We are not currently seeking anyone else in connection with their deaths.
"Enquiries remain ongoing into establishing what has happened."
Read more: Police update after two women seriously injured in Otley Run attack
Can you help? Anyone with any information is asked to contact police via 101, or by using the live chat options at https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/livechat, quoting log 1539 of 11 August.
Featured Image - rawpixel
News
UK-wide temporary ban on sale of disposable barbecues issued due to wildfire risk
Emily Sergeant
A nationwide temporary ban on the sale of disposable barbecues has been issued.
Following the UK's fourth heatwave of the summer, and as many regions declare drought conditions, the Government has made the decision to issue a temporary ban on the sale of disposable barbecues due to wildfire risk.
According to new guidance published online this afternoon, disposable barbecues pose a 'significant risk to the public' due to the current heatwave conditions.
A disposable barbecue is defined as a fuel tray or grill grid that includes charcoal fuel 'sufficient to provide cooking temperature for the duration of a single cooking episode'.
Earlier this week, Prime Minister Andy Burnham described the UK as a 'tinderbox' and urged 'all retailers big and small' to withdraw the sale of disposable barbecues to prevent further wildfires, but following the shocking scenes in Stourbridge which raged overnight, it appears this has been escalated to a formal temporary ban.
The ban applies to all producers and distributors of the product - including retailers that make disposable barbecues available on the British market - and includes online sales too.
A Government statement reads: "During the current drought and heatwave conditions, the Government considers that the supply and subsequent foreseeable use of disposable barbecues poses a significant risk to the public, and the environment, and therefore cannot be considered a safe product.
"They should not be made available for supply either in store or online at the current time.
"These guidelines will be kept under review, and will be withdrawn in consultation with relevant departments and agencies, as weather conditions change sufficiently to significantly reduce the risks."
Featured Image - Dom (via Unsplash)