It appears that bosses at ITV are planning to launch a spin-off Love Island series for the 'middle-aged' with 'normal bodies'.
The news follows calls from fans of the hit show for producers to represent a wider variety of bodies and include older cast members.
Filming for the 'mature series' is meant to start this year if reports in The Sun are to be believed.
The spin-off series is said to have the working title ‘Your Mum, My Dad’, and will feature contestants’ children trying to help their parents find romance, reports The Manc.
“Times change and the current generation in their 40s and 50s still care about how they look, are fit and healthy, into fashion and are ready to let their hair down,” a source told The Sun.
The spin-off will feature contestants’ children trying to help their parents find romance / Credit: ITV
“This show will give those who settled down young a second chance at love while they still feel in their prime.”
The source also suggested that contestants in the proposed new mature series may offer something that the main Love Island series hasn’t achieved – “intelligent conversation”
“They know their minds, will be capable of intelligent conversation, and are likely to be much more adventurous.
“All ingredients regular Love Island sometimes lacks.”
The topic of age has been a significant talking point for Love Island fans right from the start this year, especially after it was confirmed that 19-year-old Gemma Owen, daughter of former professional footballer Michael Owen, would be a contestant – making her one of the youngest to take part in the show’s history.
Her entry sparked numerous online conversations about whether there should be a minimum age to enter the villa, and whether people are emotionally mature enough for the Love Island experience at that formative time in their lives.
The oldest contestants on this year’s series appear to be current contestant Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu at 27-years-old, and Jay Younger and Charlie Radnedge, who were both 28 and have since been dumped from the Island.
While producers are declining to confirm whether there is some truth to the reports, if this “middle-aged” spin-off series does become a reality, ITV hopes it will begin airing in 2023.
Featured Image – ITV
News
Call Lane bar closes down for good after almost a decade in Leeds
A popular bar and nightlife spot on Call Lane has closed its doors for good this weekend.
Revolución de Cuba - or Revs de Cuba, to most of us - announced the imminent closure of its Leeds bar last week, and went out with a 'final fiesta' on Saturday.
The venue opened on Call Lane, right in the heart of Leeds' nightlife heartland, back in 2015, and remained open after the collapse of Revolution's parent company back in January 2026.
The group's other venue in the city, Revolution at the Electric Press, did close immediately in January.
Revs de Cuba was famed for its Latin-inspired food and cocktails, and its late-night parties that tried to recreate the party atmosphere of Cuba.
The two-storey venue also had live music throughout the week, plus dancers and entertainment at the weekends.
Posting a statement to followers, Revs de Cuba wrote: "We have loved shaking your cocktails and creating unmissable parties and events over the years, but as of today, 15th August 2026, we will sadly be closing our doors in Leeds.
"We want to extend an enormous thank you for joining the Revolucion party and making some unforgettable memories.
"Any guests with bookings will be contacted in due course - Thank you for your patience and understanding. Goodbye and Gracias."
Commenting on their farewell post, one person wrote: "Noooooo! I had the best nights ever at Revs. I have the best memories. This cannot be trueeee."
Another said: "Thanks for so many years of Live Music and Joy."
And someone else posted: "what a place, end of an era."
The existing Revs de Cuba site in Leeds is under the steer of the NEOS Hospitality, who have revealed grand plans for its future...
Police launch investigation into ‘unexplained’ deaths of two people in Bradford
Emily Sergeant
A police investigation has been launched following the 'unexplained' deaths of two people who were known to each other.
At around 6:55pm on 11 August, officers from West Yorkshire Police (WYP) were first called out to an address on New Stead Rise in Bradford following reports that a woman, aged 52, had been found dead, and then a further call was received at 7:14pm to reports a 59-year-old man was found dead at a business premises on Tong Park Industrial estate.
Both deaths are currently being treated as 'unexplained', WYP declared, and enquiries are being carried out with a forensic examination pending.
Detective Chief Inspector James Entwistle, of the Homicide and Major Enquiry team, confirmed that the deceased are known to each other - which is why an investigation and public appeal for information has been launched.
"Sadly, we are investigating after the deaths of two people at two locations in Bradford," Detective Chief Inspector James Entwistle said.
"These people are known to each other, and their deaths are being treated as unexplained. We are not currently seeking anyone else in connection with their deaths.
"Enquiries remain ongoing into establishing what has happened."
Can you help? Anyone with any information is asked to contact police via 101, or by using the live chat options at https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/livechat, quoting log 1539 of 11 August.