Simply Red have announced a massive homecoming gig in Leeds to celebrate 40 years of the legendary band.
The special UK and Ireland arena tour will bring them to the First Direct Arena.
Simply Red, fronted by Mick Hucknall, were formed in Manchester way back in 1985 and went on to sell more than 60 million albums worldwide.
With 13 studio albums, five of which made it to the top of the UK albums chart, Simply Red also hold the rare crown for having the best-selling album for two years on the trot with their classic record Stars.
And now to celebrate their 40 year milestone, the band are heading back out on the road… in 2025.
Yeah, it’s a while to wait…
Mick Hucknall said: “Simply Red are turning 40! We’re looking forward to marking this special milestone with you all in 2025 on our UK tour.
— first direct arena (@fdarena) September 18, 2023
“Fans can expect to hear all their favourite Simply Red tracks from 1985 to the present, and enjoy a memorable night celebrating the incredible journey that we’ve been on together over the past four decades.”
Simply Red will be at the First Direct Arena, Leeds on Friday 26 October 2025.
Other dates on the tour include two shows at the O2 in London, plus gigs in Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow, to name a few.
General sale tickets go on sale from Thursday 21 September at 10am through See Tickets.
Simply Red tour dates in full
- Tuesday 23 – Belfast SSE Arena
- Wednesday 24 – Dublin 3 Arena
- Friday 26 – Leeds First Direct Arena
- Saturday 27 – Manchester Co-op Live
- Sunday 28 – Glasgow OVO Hydro Arena
- Wednesday 1 – Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
- Friday 3 – Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
- Saturday 4 – Birmingham Utilita Arena
- Sunday 5 – Cardiff, Utilita Arena
- Tuesday 7 – Brighton Centre
- Thursday 9 – London The O2
- Friday 10 – London The O2