Danny Malin, the face of food-ranking channel Rate My Takeaway, has listed some of his best and worst takeaways of all time.
The Leeds presenter gave a shout-out to some of his favourite spots during his guest appearance on the Happy Hour Podcast in August, whilst also reflecting on his least enjoyable meal.
Malin has amassed a six-figure following on YouTube for his series in which he tries takeaways all over the country, taking a camera on the road with him.
Getting recommendations from viewers, Malin films each experience - giving every restaurant a mark out of ten.
So far, he's been to Bradford for chocolate kebabs and to Bolton for a breakfast cooked by a grandma, but among the dozens of places he's visited, a few stood out from the pack.
Malin named three takeaways he loved the most - saying he'd found the best one a matter of days ago.
In third, he listed Chez Joel - a little food van in the centre of Leeds near Trinity - where he sampled a French taco and beef patty for a fiver.
"You can go to London and pay £200 [for that]... and [Chez Joel] will beat it any day," he said.
In second place was Abdul's in Wakefield - one of the first videos he ever recorded.
"The naan bread was like heaven... and the curry was just unreal," he commented.
Top of the pile, however, was Nibble - a cafe hidden away between office blocks in Hull.
Malin said he ordered a breakfast sandwich and a chorizo waffle with maple bacon and eggs, along with a chicken tikka wrap and a cookie brownie for dessert - and ended up loving the lot.
He was also urged to order a side of hash browns - which turned out to be a "taste sensation".
Malin also spoke out about one of the more unpleasant experiences he's had during the series - when he travelled all the way up to Scotland to sample a 'munch' box.
Reflecting on the experience, Malin told the podcast: "I'm stood there and they're cooking this food in this fryer, and I could just smell they'd probably not changed the oil since [the] War."
"I opened the box... and it just hit ya. This waft of 30-year-old oil. It turned my stomach a little bit."
Malin also compared the sausage to a "dead finger" and the burger having what looked like "warts".
"So, yeah... it got a 1 [rating]," Malin admitted.
"But I did upgrade to a 2 for the bottle of Irn Bru."
You can listen to the Rate My Takeaway presenter's full appearance on the Happy Hour Podcast on Spotify.
A popular bar and nightlife spot on Call Lane has closed its doors for good this weekend.
Revolución de Cuba - or Revs de Cuba, to most of us - announced the imminent closure of its Leeds bar last week, and went out with a 'final fiesta' on Saturday.
The venue opened on Call Lane, right in the heart of Leeds' nightlife heartland, back in 2015, and remained open after the collapse of Revolution's parent company back in January 2026.
The group's other venue in the city, Revolution at the Electric Press, did close immediately in January.
Revs de Cuba was famed for its Latin-inspired food and cocktails, and its late-night parties that tried to recreate the party atmosphere of Cuba.
The two-storey venue also had live music throughout the week, plus dancers and entertainment at the weekends.
Posting a statement to followers, Revs de Cuba wrote: "We have loved shaking your cocktails and creating unmissable parties and events over the years, but as of today, 15th August 2026, we will sadly be closing our doors in Leeds.
"We want to extend an enormous thank you for joining the Revolucion party and making some unforgettable memories.
"Any guests with bookings will be contacted in due course - Thank you for your patience and understanding. Goodbye and Gracias."
Commenting on their farewell post, one person wrote: "Noooooo! I had the best nights ever at Revs. I have the best memories. This cannot be trueeee."
Another said: "Thanks for so many years of Live Music and Joy."
And someone else posted: "what a place, end of an era."
The existing Revs de Cuba site in Leeds is under the steer of the NEOS Hospitality, who have revealed grand plans for its future...
Leeds United’s Anton Stach has launched his very own burger at a local indie – and it’s all for a good cause
Clementine Hall
If it's good enough for Anton Stach, then it's good enough for us.
Well, it really is the signing that nobody saw coming...and it’s happening right opposite the station.
Meat:Stack, the Newcastle-born, award-winning burger joint on Bishopgate Street in Leeds, is giving the people what they want - a burger with Anton Stach’s name on it.
Introducing ‘The Moustachi Burger', officially launching Tuesday 18 August where Anton Stach himself will be down at Meat:Stack to meet United fans, sign autographs and, of course, tuck into his very own creation.
Images: The Hoot Leeds
Even better, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Elhadj Diouf Foundation (EDF), a charity chosen by Stach that supports children through education.
Not only that, but it's a great opportunity to support Meat:Stack that has been suffering from the ongoing road works for months on end now.
So really, you've got no excuse to come down and tuck into the special which will be available through the opening weeks of the season.
Anton Stach, Leeds United and Germany midfielder, added: “Leeds has felt like home from very early on, and a lot of that is the people and the places around the ground, the businesses fans go to before and after a game. Meat:Stack is one of them, and they’ve had a hard time with the building work on their doorstep. The Moustachi Burger is a lovely nod to my YouTube channel too.
"This is a team on the rise in a city on the comeback, and support has to go both ways. I wanted to back a business Leeds fans care about and raising money for a foundation my family has given so much to at the same time means everything. I’ll be there on the 18th, bring your appetite.”