Tweeters have described the gig as "the funniest gig I've ever been to".
Ian Brown has been catching flak from his own fans over the weekend after he took to the stage to perform without a live band, reports The Manc.
The former Stone Roses frontman kicked-off his UK tour last night with a sold-out gig in Leeds, but many of his fans were said to be left heading for the door as the singer stepped out on stage on his own and proceeded to perform his set to a backing track of songs, rather than with a live band as most were expecting would be the case.
Not only were many shocked to see him perform over a "painful" backing track, but he also apparently didn't belt out that many of his big hits either.
The 59-year-old rocker has since become a trending topic on social media overnight after he left audience members in disbelief and demanding their money back - with some claiming they paid up to £50 for tickets to a "terrible karaoke gig".
Other brutal fan comments claimed he "butchered" his own songs.
One fan wrote on Twitter accompanying a now-viral video from the gig: "Gutted to see Ian Brown turn up to his £40 a ticket, sold out gig at Leeds tonight WITH NO BAND. I’m a life long fan but it was bad. Ian Brown does karaoke and butchers his own tunes. Most were too p***ed to care, but I had to get out after this one."
"Me and my wife lasted 36 minutes exactly before walking out," they explained.
"I think the autotune on the microphone lasted three songs. Real shame as I was looking forward to seeing him solo as only ever seen stone roses. No band at all was a let down."
Another fan who shared a video from the gig said they would be using the video to "keep the local cats out of my garden"
"For someone is known for not being a great singer, you'd think he would find the loudest band to mask his terrible singing," they added.
Another tweeted: "It’s sad to be reading this. I’ve been to loads of his gigs. Some were better than others but they were all great gigs. Why on earth would he decided that no band was a good idea. £40 too."
Ian Brown is set to take to the stage at O2 Victoria Warehouse in Manchester this Friday 30 September as part of his ongoing UK tour.
Lederhosen at the ready Leeds, because a new party bar is coming to the city.
Taking over the former Revolución de Cuba venue on Call Lane, the site will close for a major refurbishment before reopening in October as the seventh Barbara’s Bier Haus in the UK.
This isn't your average bar, guests can expect a proper themed experience with dancing bartenders in lederhosen, shot skis, DJs and interactive entertainment alongside beer and cocktail towers, shareable pizzas and wursts bringing the on-the-slopes atmosphere to the city.
Basically, it's time to cancel your upcoming skip trip as Barbara's will be bringing the slopes to you.
Image: Supplied
Russell Quelch, CEO of NEOS Hospitality, said about the opening: “Leeds has a fantastic nightlife scene, so it’s the perfect place for Barbara’s Bier Haus.
"The city is known for its energy and its love of a good night out, and Barbara’s brings something a little different with its après-ski theme, entertainment and big party atmosphere. We’re really excited to bring Barbara’s to Leeds and can’t wait to get the doors open this October.”
Images: Supplied
The upcoming Leeds opening forms part of a wider rollout of Barbara’s Bier Haus across the UK, as NEOS Hospitality continues to expand its core brands following its acquisition of 20 Revolution and Revolución de Cuba venues earlier this year.
Further details on the Leeds opening of Barbara's Bier Haus, including exclusive launch events and entertainment schedules will be announced ahead of October - and we'll of course be bringing you all the details.
Call Lane bar closes down for good after almost a decade in Leeds
Daisy Jackson
A popular bar and nightlife spot on Call Lane has closed its doors for good this weekend.
Revolución de Cuba - or Revs de Cuba, to most of us - announced the imminent closure of its Leeds bar last week, and went out with a 'final fiesta' on Saturday.
The venue opened on Call Lane, right in the heart of Leeds' nightlife heartland, back in 2015, and remained open after the collapse of Revolution's parent company back in January 2026.
The group's other venue in the city, Revolution at the Electric Press, did close immediately in January.
Revs de Cuba was famed for its Latin-inspired food and cocktails, and its late-night parties that tried to recreate the party atmosphere of Cuba.
The two-storey venue also had live music throughout the week, plus dancers and entertainment at the weekends.
Posting a statement to followers, Revs de Cuba wrote: "We have loved shaking your cocktails and creating unmissable parties and events over the years, but as of today, 15th August 2026, we will sadly be closing our doors in Leeds.
"We want to extend an enormous thank you for joining the Revolucion party and making some unforgettable memories.
"Any guests with bookings will be contacted in due course - Thank you for your patience and understanding. Goodbye and Gracias."
Commenting on their farewell post, one person wrote: "Noooooo! I had the best nights ever at Revs. I have the best memories. This cannot be trueeee."
Another said: "Thanks for so many years of Live Music and Joy."
And someone else posted: "what a place, end of an era."
The existing Revs de Cuba site in Leeds is under the steer of the NEOS Hospitality, who have revealed grand plans for its future...