Numerous roads in Leeds will be closed or have restricted access this weekend for the 10k charity road run.
The Leeds 10k charity road run is taking place this weekend on Sunday 18 June 2023.
Whether you’re a participant, heading over to cheer on loved ones or wanting to stay clear of the areas, we’ve got all the road closures you need to know about.
The event was founded by athlete Jane Tomlinson in 2007 and was her lasting legacy, having raised £1.8 million for charity whilst she was battling terminal cancer.
The day is predicted to raise thousands of pounds for various charities including the Jane Tomlinson Appeal, Leeds Hospitals Charity, Leeds Mind, Macmillan Cancer Support, St George’s Crypt and Candlelighters.
The race will start at 9am outside the Parkinson Steps, the route will then go through Headingley and then into Meanwood before going past the First Direct Arena and finishing outside the Leeds Art Gallery on The Headrow.
Road closures take place on Sunday, June 18 and parking suspensions will occur between Saturday June 17 and Sunday June 18 2023.
- Albion Street – The Headrow to Great George Street from 8am to 11.45am
- Blenheim Terrace – From Blackman Lane from 4am to 12pm
- Calverley Street – South Parade to Great George Street from 4am to 3pm
- Cavendish Road – From 4am – 12pm
- Clarendon Road – Woodhouse Lane to Woodlsey Road from 8am to 10am
- Cookridge Street – Great George Street to Portland Gate from 8.45am to 3pm
- Cookridge Street – The Headrow to Great George Street from 4am to 3pm
- Great George Street – Woodhouse Lane to Calverley Street from 8.45am to 3pm
- Grove Lane – Grove Road to Meanwood Road from 8am to 11am
- Grove Road – Grove Lane to Monk Bridge Road from 8am to 11am
- Headingley Lane – Woodhouse Lane to Otley Road from 8am to 10.30am
- Hyde Park Road – Moorland Road to Woodhouse Lane from 8am to 10am
- Lovell Park Road – The whole from 8am to 11.45am
- Meanwood Road – Bentley Lane to Stainbeck Road from 8am to 11am
- Merrion Street – Woodhouse Lane to Wade Lane from 8am to 11.45am
- Monk Bridge Road – Moor Road to Grove Road from 8am to 11am
- Moorland Road – From 8am – 10am
- Oatland Lane – From 8am – 11.45am
- Oatland Road – From 8am – 11.45am
- Otley Road – Headlingley Lane to North Lane from 8am to 10.30am
- Park Row – The Headrow to South Parade from 4am to 3pm
- Rampant Road – From 8am – 10.15am
- Shaw Lane – From 8am – 11am
- The Headrow – Calverley Street to Albion Street from 4am to 3pm
- Wade Lane – From 8am – 11.45am
- Woodhouse Lane – St Mark’s Road to Victoria Road from 8am to 10.30am
- Woodhouse Street – Woodhouse Lane to Delph Lane from 8am to 10.15am
- Blenheim Terrace – From 6pm on Saturday June 17 to 11.30am on Sunday June 18
- Calverley Street – From 6pm on Saturday June 17 to 3pm on Sunday June 18
- Cookridge Street – From 6pm on Saturday June 17 to 3pm on Sunday June 18
- Grove Road – From 6pm on Saturday June 17 to 11am on Sunday June 18
To find out more about the event, take a look at the Run For All website.
Featured image – Jane Tomlinson’s Run For All